Here are some of the projects I’ve worked on:
- I’ve been writing and recording my own music, whatever format it may take, under the name Your Volunteer. One of these days I’ll start a bandcamp page, but for now here’s a collection of recordings from the last couple of years.
- I was privileged and thankful to be a band member, co-producer, faux-engineer, and mixer for Minor Moon’s stellar A Whisper, A Shout. Beautiful music. Go Sammy!
- I’m enormously proud of being the singer/keyboarder/guitarer in Quiet Kids. Take a list to Relationship Material and Serious Lovers. Here’s an acoustic version of one of the songs.
- I played bass and sang harmonies for a year in Jenny Ritter‘s live band. Here’s us playing at the Rogue Folk Club in Vancouver.
- I sang baritone and very occasionally led the Kingsgate Chorus, a rock ‘n’ roll covers choir in Vancouver. Here’s a live performance.
- Mark Meeks’ mid-2000s zombie musical, Rigor Mortis Got Me Down, was a blast to record and perform. Take a listen to a song or watch the whole live performance!
- I’ve had the honour of recording and performing tracks for the first couple of records for Chris Gilligan’s musical project, Closed Captioned.
In 2001 I graduated from Fanshawe College in London, Ontario, with a diploma in Music Industry Arts: Recorded Music Production. This is a very long way of saying I went to audio recording school.
“Don’t talk to me about simple things. There’s no such thing. All a man can build is his vision, and I love my man for trying.” – Contantines, Shine A Light